Frequently Asked Questions


Yes, in the city limits you need a permit according to City of St. George Code of Ordinances, Sec. 12-22. Visit this link to complete your Burn Permit Application

Yes, in the City of Saint George both dogs and cats need to be licensed. Visit this link to complete your Pet License Application.

Yes, visit this link to complete your Vacation Watch Request. The Saint George Police Department offers an added sense of security when you go on vacation or out of town. With the Vacation Watch program you can leave your residence knowing that law enforcement will be looking after it for you. While you are out of town the Saint George Police Department will check on your residence*. Officers will check to ensure your residence is secure and that it has not been burglarized. If anything out of the ordinary is found during these checks the emergency contact for the location of the residence will be contacted. The home receiving a vacation watch must typically be occupied and not for sale/rent. Your request must be for a minimum of 2 consecutive days with a maximum of 30 consecutive days, during which the residence must be completely unoccupied. Any breaks in time, for example, where you intend to return home for a weekend then leave again, constitute separate “vacations” and must be submitted on separate forms. Any watch requests for more than 30 days need to be approved by the Chief of Police. If you wish to request a vacation watch and meet the requirements, please fill the form out completely and submit. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to extend the vacation watch.

*Vacation Watch will be completed by the Saint George Police Department. The frequency of these checks will be dependent upon officer availability and the call load in the city. Active calls for service will take precedence.*